Gilac food bins
Why opt for a plastic food container?
A plastic food container makes it easy to transport and store all types of food, while protecting them from external factors that could impair their quality. Plastic food containers are the perfect solution for storing your food in optimal hygienic conditions.
These bins are ideal for maximizing storage space. Gastroland offers you a wide selection of plastic food containers that comply with European hygiene standards for contact between food and plastic. Our range includes different types of bins adapted to your specific environment and needs, such as hermetic, cold or meat bins, as well as large or small volumes, etc.
Our assortment includes a variety of plastic food bins designed for different uses to meet all your storage and transport needs: flat bins, nestable stacking bins, doughnut bins and pizza bins...
What are the advantages of Gilac bins?
Durability and longevity
Resistance that stands the test of time
Gilac food bins are renowned for their strength and durability. They are made from quality materials designed to withstand the most extreme conditions and offer unrivalled durability.
These food bins can be used to store food products in a safe, fresh environment. What's more, they feature a robust structure that offers excellent protection against external elements and contaminants.
Practical, durable storage solutions
Gilac bins are ideal for anyone looking for practical, durable storage solutions. What's more, they require little maintenance, making them one of the best storage solutions available.
Convenient to store
They're also easy to store. Gilac bins can be stacked to save space when storing or transporting food. This means you can get more space on your worktop or in your refrigerator without having to sacrifice product quality.
Robustness to temperature variations
Gilac food containers are renowned for their resistance to temperature variations. Their outstanding thermal performance ensures optimum long-term preservation of stored foodstuffs. Their thermal insulation properties ensure that food products retain their freshness and taste.
Thanks to their durability in extreme temperature variations, Gilac food bins offer protection against food spoilage and deterioration. Proper and regular use ensures that preserved food products remain fresh and tasty.
Gilac food bins are easy to clean and can be reused several times without compromising quality or performance. They can withstand heavy loads without breaking or deteriorating. These features make them an excellent choice for long-term storage systems for food industry professionals.
Features to consider when choosing a food-grade bin
Choosing the right food-grade plastic bin requires careful evaluation of several key features, such as :
- Volume: the volumetric capacity of the bin is an essential criterion to consider. Depending on the types of food you plan to store or transport, you'll need a bin with the right volume. At Gastroland, we offer a diverse range of volumes up to 500 liters to meet your specific needs.
- Dimensions: Likewise, the dimensions of the bin are important to consider. You need to assess the types of products you'll be storing, and choose a product that has the appropriate length or height for those items.
- Watertightness: some bins are hermetically sealed with solid walls, while others have perforated walls to allow liquids to drain away. Depending on the products you intend to store, you'll need to choose the right type of walls to keep your goods in the best possible condition.
- Stackable and nestable: To optimize storage space, it may be wise to choose a plastic food container that is stackable and/or nestable. This can save significant space in your storage area or during transportation.
- With or without lid: models vary from those with lids to those without. A lid offers extra protection during transport and helps to preserve food longer. On the other hand, a tray without a lid allows better aeration of foodstuffs and makes it easier to get a quick overview of your goods.
- With or without handles: depending on the size and volume of the bin, the presence of handles may or may not be an advantage. For a large volume, handles can make it easier to move the bin. However, for an airtight or standard bin, it may be preferable not to have handles, to maintain watertightness or to make the bin more convenient to use.
By taking these features into account when selecting a food-grade plastic bin, you can ensure that you choose the product that will best meet your specific needs.
Selecting the right material for a plastic food container: why is it essential?
The choice of material for a plastic food container is essential, as it determines the container's durability, resistance and adaptability to different conditions of use. Each material has its own characteristics and advantages:
- Recycled HDPE (100% recycled high-density polyethylene): this is an economically advantageous option, as it enables existing materials to be reused, thus helping to reduce plastic waste. However, although it is strong and resistant to impact, abrasion, corrosion and oxidation, it may not be totally suitable for direct contact with food.
- Virgin HDPE (Virgin High-Density Polyethylene): this material offers good flexibility and excellent resistance to substances such as acids, aliphatic alcohols, aldehydes, greases and hydrocarbons. Its strength and ease of cleaning make it particularly suitable for use in food and pharmaceutical environments, or in cold rooms. It should be noted, however, that it becomes brittle at temperatures above -50°C, but remains 100% recyclable.
- PP (100% recycled polypropylene): Polypropylene is a durable, highly abrasion-resistant material with a low density and hydrophobic properties. It is inexpensive, tear-proof and highly resistant to fatigue and bending, while being food-safe because it is inert, odorless and non-toxic. However, it is UV-sensitive and less resistant to oxidation than HDPE.
- PP-C (Polypropylene copolymer): food-grade thanks to its chemical inertness, this material has excellent resistance to solvents, degreasing agents and electrolytic attack. It can be used to manufacture flexible, impact-resistant containers, but remains fragile at low temperatures.
By understanding the properties of each material, you can select the food-grade plastic bin that best meets your specific needs, while respecting your budget and environmental standards.